ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Ecological Planner (Planner II)
City of Edmonton
The Office of Biodiversity has an opening for an Ecological Planner. This position will be responsible for representing the Office of Biodiversity's interests in the planning and development process by reviewing ecological information provided by planning applicants, negotiating with applicants (land developers and their consultants), managing projects, and making recommendations to City staff to ensure that information provided by applicants is accurate and workable to aid in the decision making process. Duties include:
• Review natural site assessments and negotiate with applicants regarding the accuracy and adequacy of the information in the assessment reports
• Develop and maintain statistics required for annual corporate performance measures and reporting requirements
• Maintain current level of knowledge about technical ecological issues faced by the City in the planning and management of natural systems
• Performing spatial analysis using GIS data
• Attend meetings with stakeholders to represent the Office of Natural Areas (e.g., development industry, non-government organizations, provincial project teams)
• Related duties will be assigned as required
• Manage projects and contracts with outside consultants
• Contribute to ecological policy development
To visualize what it is like to be on our team, visit The City of Edmonton Talent Hub
• A Master's degree (preferred), a Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Botany, Biology, Ecology, or Environmental Science, or a degree related to the functions of the position
• Minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible planning experience
• Knowledge of GIS and spatial analysis techniques
• Experience working on and managing projects
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of urban planning and conservation planning, as well as applicable legislation and regulatory requirements in Alberta
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills for a broad range of audiences, including strong presentation skills
• Good customer service, teamwork, organizational and project management skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Strong working knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
• Registered Professional Planner (RPP) or membership in the Member Canadian Institute of Planners (MCIP) is desirable
• Must possess a valid Alberta Driver's License or be eligible to attain one
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
Salary Range: 21M, Salary Grade: 032, $39.932 - $50.957 (Hourly); $2,695.41 - $3,439.60 (Bi-Weekly); $70,350.20 - $89,773.49(Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
Apr 30, 2012
May 11, 2012
Print this job
Environmental Professional (EP) preferred
EP Certification provides formal verification of a candidate's skills and experience.
Am I eligible?
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.