ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Technical Director - Water Treatment
SNC - Lavalin Environment Inc.
SNC-Lavalin Environment (SLE) is the environmental division of SNC-Lavalin Inc. - a global engineering and construction firm with offices across Canada, in over 35 other countries around the world and currently working in approximately 100 countries. We are recruiting the best and the brightest: people who are truly passionate about what they do. This is your chance to showcase your talents and skills by joining our project teams worldwide. Open the door to a world of opportunities:
SNC-Lavalin Environment (SLE) offers consulting services in the following areas: Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous RRSP program and an Employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development, and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Our Water Department is seeking a Technical Director - Water Treatment to join our team serving municipal and industrial clients. This position would be based in Ottawa.
* Managing projects including technical program development, management of personnel and resources, tracking costs and managing budgets, and ensuring client objectives are met;
* Evaluating water treatment needs for clients;
* Designing water plant and pumping station
* Evaluating and analyzing data using a variety of standardized and more complex methods;
* Executing technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness and adherence to prescribed data testing methods;
* Preparing reports, proposals and other project documents of varying complexity;
* Liaising with clients and contacts to secure additional business;
* Supervising less experienced staff on a project basis and in some cases, providing technical direction and mentoring.
* A degree in the appropriate engineering (chemical, mechanical or environmental) discipline and licensure in Ontario (P.Eng.);
* Minimum of 10 years related experience;
* Diverse experience involving industrial facility operations, characterization, pilot testing, design and construction projects;
* Solid knowledge of pertinent environmental laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of practice and best management practices;
* "Team Player" with proven technical and project management skills;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Superior organization and problem-solving skills;
* Proficiency with computers and standard word and data processing applications; and
* Dedicated to quality of work and commitment to excellence!
Apr 30, 2012
May 30, 2012
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.