ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Intermediate/Senior Environmental Technologist
EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd. (Edmonton)
EBA, A Tetra Tech Company (EBA) has a strong and growing group of environmental professionals located across Northern and Western Canada. Our Calgary office is seeking an Intermediate or Senior Technologist to join our team.
The successful candidate can expect a combination of field and office work including environmental site assessments, site remediation, groundwater surface water, and soil sampling. Field work may involve remote locations, some sites that are only accessible by air, working away from home base for one or two weeks at a time, working in rough terrain and fieldwork in all seasons.
The successful candidate would be responsible for fieldwork and data management. There is potential for the applicant to become involved in proposal preparation, designing field programs, data interpretation, reporting, and project management for small projects. The successful applicant would liaise with other environmental professionals on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects in western and northern Canada.
• Applicants should have a diploma from an accredited university/college and work experience with specialization in environmental sampling.
• A minimum of seven (7) years experience in soil sampling, flow measurements, contaminated sites investigations, contaminated sites remediation (both in-situ and ex-situ), groundwater and surface water sampling.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team are essential to this position.
• Previous experience in environmental consulting and knowledge of current industry related codes of practice and regulations (both provincial and federal) is required
• A satisfactory driver’s abstract (5 year history minimum) OR your own vehicle suitable for field work (mileage reimbursed).
• You should also possess exceptional time management skills, be flexible, and adapt well to change.
• Certification from ASET is required as a minimum, with preference given to those with P.Tech designation. (Other professional designations may also be considered.)
In addition to these technical qualifications, candidates should have the proven ability to manage fieldwork and junior staff, and deliver projects on time and on budget.
We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We thank all those who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Within a covering letter, it is recommended that job applicants should indicate any knowledge and/or previous experience related to the following categories:
• Water Sampling
• Soil Sampling
• Groundwater Sampling
• Water flow gauging
• Data Management
• Environmental Assessment
• Outdoors Experience
• Remote Location Work Experience
Jun 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012
College Diploma / CEGEP
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.