ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Senior Wetlands Scientist
EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd. (Edmonton)
Explore a different kind of company. EBA, A Tetra Tech Company (EBA), has progressively expanded since its inception in 1966 and, today, clients are served by more than 700 engineers, scientists, technologists, and support staff from offices predominantly across western and northern Canada. EBA is a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards to our employees. Since 2010, we are part of the Canadian family of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK) companies, with over 3,800 employees working from 56 offices across the country, and over 13,000 employees worldwide.
EBA, A Tetra Tech Company (EBA) has an immediate opening for a full-time senior wetlands scientist to work in our Calgary Environmental Assessment and Permitting practice. This is your opportunity to join a team of experienced biologists, foresters, agrologists, environmental scientists, and technical staff in meeting today’s environmental challenges with innovative solutions. The successful candidate will work on interesting and challenging projects located primarily in Alberta.
The Environmental Assessment and Permitting group provides environmental permitting, impact assessment, biophysical inventories, and environmental permitting and regulatory services. The successful candidate will provide a senior level of technical review and project management for projects within our strategic markets. The role will also include the training and mentoring of junior and intermediate staff.
• You possess a degree in environmental science, biology, ecology or other related field, with a relevant professional designation (or ability to obtain).
• You have 8 or more years of experience in conducting wetland assessments under the various classification methodologies relevant to wetlands in Alberta. This should include delineation and wetland health assessments.
• You should have a strong knowledge of Alberta legislation and how it applies to wetlands in various jurisdictions.
• You should have a desire to use innovative methods to provide efficient and accurate assessments.
• You should have excellent writing skills
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Only those individuals currently in Canada and eligible to work will be considered. We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. Salary will commensurate with experience. We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aug 3, 2012
Sep 2, 2012
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.