ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Conservation Halton is a community based environmental agency that works in partnership with watershed municipalities and the Province of Ontario to protect the natural environment. We also manage a number of parks for education and recreation including Glen Eden Ski & Snowboard Centre, Crawford Lake, Mountsberg Conservation Area, Rattlesnake Point, Mount Nemo, and Hilton Falls.
The Watershed Planner is responsible to the Manager, Watershed Planning Services.
The Watershed Planner is responsible for coordinating the preparation of watershed studies and watershed plan updates, including collecting information, analysis, writing of major components of the studies, organizing stakeholders meetings and public meetings, and implementation of watershed plan recommendations in conjunction with stewardship staff. The Watershed Planner will also assist with preparation and implementation of Conservation Halton Parks Master Plans related to watershed planning and ecology; participate in habitat restoration work on Conservation Halton properties; and assist with other initiatives related to this role. The Watershed Planner will be responsible for coordinating the CH Agricultural Advisory Panel and also participate on other related Hamilton Harbour Remedial Action Plan Committees.
• Source and secure base data, information and reference material required to prepare watershed studies and watershed plan updates.
• Coordinate and assist stewardship staff with the implementation of watershed plan recommendations and monitor the plan’s progress.
• Organize stakeholders meetings and public meetings with respect to the development of watershed plans and attend Conservation Halton meetings to respond to questions applicable to watershed studies and plans.
• Participate in corporate, inter-agency and public projects and studies as directed by the Manager, Watershed Planning Services.
• Assist with background data collection for the purposes of preparing Parks Master Plans and assist with habitat restoration work on Conservation Halton properties.
• Undertake habitat management/restoration related to improving biodiversity, natural heritage systems and species at risk.
• Coordinate meetings of the Conservation Halton Agricultural Advisory Panel.
• Participate on related Hamilton Harbour Remedial Action Plan committees as directed.
• Liaise with other divisions, external agencies and the general public, to ensure communication, information sharing and excellence in customer service.
• Perform his/her duties and ensure assigned employees and volunteers work in accordance with Conservation Halton’s Safety Policy and Procedures and in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
• Perform such other related duties as directed by the Manager, Watershed Planning Services
Candidates must possess the following:
• Possess an undergraduate university degree in Environmental Studies or related field, and have a minimum of three years relevant work experience or equivalent.
• Communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders (build, foster and sustain a positive public image)
• Make effective use of information and operations technology
• Possess excellent report writing and analytical skills
• Possess a strong working knowledge of the natural resources of the watershed, including flora and fauna identification skills.
• Team player capable of self-directed, independent work (strong problem solving and project management skills)
• $55,283 per annum based on 35 hours/week (negotiable based upon skills and qualifications)
• Full benefit package, including health, dental, vision care, life and disability insurance and membership in the OMERS Pension Plan.
• Staff identification pass which entitles you to free entry to all of our conservation areas, free skiing and snowboarding, and discounts on goods, services, cafeteria food, events with a participation fee, equipment rentals and tubing!
Interested? Send your résumé by Sunday September 9th, 2012 at 6pm to:
2596 Britannia Road West
Burlington, ON L7P 0G3
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (thank you for including the job title in subject line)
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please no phone calls
Check out our website at
for a complete list of paid and volunteer opportunities!
Conservation Halton is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Aug 17, 2012
Sep 9, 2012
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.