ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Park Superintendent - Bronte Creek
Ontario Public Service
Park Superintendent – Bronte Creek
Ontario's provincial parks provide visitors with unforgettable destinations for nature-based outdoor recreation as well as other natural and cultural heritage appreciation activities.
Bronte Creek Provincial Park is a natural wonder located in the community of Oakville just north of the Lake Ontario shore. The park consists of tall grass prairie, agricultural lands, creek valley and forest communities. It is a major activity park providing four-season recreational opportunities including camping, hiking, cycling, canoeing, swimming and cross-country skiing. The heritage structures on site provide an excellent venue for interpreting the history of the area.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this unique and challenging role, you will:
• plan, control and direct the management of Bronte Creek and Rock Point Provincial Parks along with Short Hills and James N. Allan non-operating provincial parks
• provide ecosystem protection and management for the region
• plan, prepare and administer the park budget
• plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate park operations and infrastructure
• provide leadership on human resources activities (e.g. selection, training and evaluation of staff, assigning work schedules, managing performance, etc.)
• provide leadership in the delivery of quality customer service to park guests
• develop marketing and promotional partnerships with local interest groups and stakeholders
• manage local issues regarding land use planning, access, tourism and public safety
• plan, coordinate and evaluate the park's enforcement operations
Location: 1219 Burloak Drive, Oakville, Ontario
How do I qualify?
• the ability to be designated as a Park Warden and meet ministry certification criteria and standards in Use of Force
• a valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence or the equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario in order to regularly travel from one park to another
• the ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays
Knowledge of Park Management, Operations and Maintenance:
• knowledge of resource management principles related to park management, operations and planning
• knowledge of marketing principles and strategies in order to promote park usage and merchandise
• knowledge of general building and utility maintenance and related skilled trades and equipment to supervise on-site construction projects
• the ability to interpret and apply related policies, procedures, acts, regulations and legislation in the areas of environmental protection, staff supervision, financial administration, park enforcement and health and safety
• leadership skills to supervise and develop staff and plan and deliver a regional ecosystem management program
• oral/written communication, interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills to liaise with various stakeholders, agencies and interest groups as well as the public, media and other park staff
• proficiency with a variety of computer software applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, Internet, etc.)
Note: The successful candidate will be required to undergo a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to the commencement of employment.
Salary range: $69,399.00 – $88,946.00 per year
Please apply online, by August 31, 2012, by visiting
and entering Job ID 46243 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at
to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Aug 17, 2012
Aug 31, 2012
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.