ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Archipelgo Marine Research
Archipelago Marine Research Ltd., established in 1978, is a Victoria-based consulting firm specializing in national and international commercial fisheries monitoring and marine environmental assessment services. Archipelago is a recognized world leader in the development and delivery of fisheries monitoring programs and monitoring technology.
We are seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual to join the Marine Environmental Services Division of the company. This division focuses on nearshore coastal inventory, marine habitat and environmental assessment as well as coastal planning and sustainable resource management (
- top). The Project Biologist will work under the direction of the Divisional Director, conducting marine inventories and environmental assessments of foreshore, nearshore and offshore developments. This position requires an individual to work effectively in a project team setting while providing leadership and direction to technical level support staff.
• B.Sc. in related discipline (Biology, Environmental Sciences) with 5+ years working experience in environmental sciences or
• M.Sc. in related discipline (Biology, Environmental Sciences) with 2+ years working experience in environmental sciences
• Strong working knowledge of British Columbia marine coastal biology and ecology
• Demonstrated experience in project management and client relations
• Proven ability and experience in business development
• Demonstrated environmental assessment (EA) experience including a strong knowledge of Canadian and Provincial EA regulations and processes.
• Demonstrated experience in technical report preparation
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Worksafe BC recognized certified occupational SCUBA diver
• Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or valid Canadian work permit/authorization
DESIRED SKILLS AND ACCREDITATIONS :
• Registered Professional Biologist
• High level of innovation and initiative; proposes leads and ideas, committed to driving results and supporting the overall divisional strategies and goals
• Experience with long term environmental monitoring study design and implementation
• Marine field skills (including transect surveys and sampling, small boat handling and GPS navigation)
• Database, statistical analysis, and/or GIS skills
• Transport Canada's Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP) certification
Starting wage will be commensurate with experience. Archipelago offers a compensation package that includes: health and dental benefits package, health care and wellness spending account, and RRSP contributions. We have a socially responsible and flexible corporate culture, and provide training and development opportunities for our employees.
Note: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been chosen.
Attention Human Resources
Archipelago Marine Research Ltd.
525 Head St.
Victoria, BC, Canada
Fax: (250) 383-0103
Aug 30, 2012
Sep 29, 2012
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.