ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Planning & Regulations Technician
Lower Trent Conservation
1. Provide quality service that meets public expectations.
2. Implement the plan input and review program by:
a. Undertaking background environmental review of planning applications, including subdivisions, consents, minor variances, site plans, zoning by-laws and official plans (and amendments).
b. Conducting site inspections of development proposals.
c. Utilizing the guidelines in LTC's Plan Review Manual.
d. Preparing recommendations and letters to the Municipality, responding to planning applications.
e. Liaising with municipal staff, as required.
f. Representing Lower Trent Conservation at Ontario Municipal Board Hearings.
3. Assist with implementation of the Development, Interference with Wetlands, and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses regulation, including but not limited to responding to inquiries, reviewing applications, conducting site visits, preparing reports and processing applications.
4. Use the LTC’s GIS data and software to prepare maps to support the planning & regulations program.
5. Respond to development proposal inquiries and requests from consultants, other agencies and the public for environmental information and mapping.
6. Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Post secondary education in planning, environmental planning, engineering, geography, environmental studies or related discipline
- Understanding of the municipal land use planning system in Ontario
- Understanding of hazard lands, floodplains and water resources management principles
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work to deadlines and adjust to multiple job tasks
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions
- Ability to use maps and air photos
- Understanding and use of ESRI Geographic Information systems software
- Valid driver’s licence within the Province of Ontario
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
*Contract to December 31, 2012; full-time (40 hours/week); $52,470 - $60,570
*Potential for contract renewal (position under review)
Forward your cover letter specifying how you learned about this job opportunity, clearly marked "Planning & Regulations Technician", along with a resume by April 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM to:
Glenda Rodgers, General Manager
Lower Trent Conservation, 714 Murray Street, RR 1, Trenton, Ontario K8V 5P4
Lower Trent Conservation is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mar 15, 2012
Apr 2, 2012
A contract position
College Diploma / CEGEP
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.