ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Social or Economic Scientist
Rescan Environmental Services Ltd.
The Social or Economic Scientist is a member of Rescan's Social and Economic Sciences (SES) Team. The SES Team provides high quality research, analysis, and advice to clients who are seeking regulatory approvals to develop their projects. Mining, energy, and infrastructure are the most common projects addressed. The SES Team provides expertise in social, economic, cultural, health and land use baseline studies, and effects assessments and management planning, as well as working with aboriginal groups to undertake traditional knowledge studies and working with project proponents to undertake consultation and engagement activities. The SES Team plays a key role interacting with clients, communities, aboriginal groups, stakeholders, and various disciplines within Rescan. The SES Team is involved in projects mainly in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, the Yukon, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories, as well as international projects. Domestic programs and studies are developed according to provincial and federal government regulatory requirements; for international work, the World Bank and IFC performance standards and guidelines are addressed. The Social or Economic Scientist reports to the Manager of Social and Economic Sciences based in Saskatoon.
• A post-graduate degree in a relevant social or economic science
• Solid technical background in social or economic science research methods
• Experience working directly with a range of stakeholder groups in Saskatchewan
• Minimum of 2 years relevant employment experience
• Interest and experience in social and/or economic impact assessments and analysis for decision support
• Ability to conduct socio-economic research on budget and to deadline
• Strong initiative and ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced work environment
• Excellent report writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
Candidates with solid quantitative skills in social or economic analysis methods, including statistics, surveying and modeling, would be particularly welcome.
Apr 17, 2012
May 17, 2012
Print this job
Environmental Professional (EP) preferred
EP Certification provides formal verification of a candidate's skills and experience.
Am I eligible?
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.