ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly possibilities®
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
The role of Environmental Consultant will report to the Manager of Environmental Risk within the Environment, Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics Team. This individual will have responsibility for managing TELUS’ Spills and Releases program including Halocarbons, TDG, and WHIMIS. This individual will also assist with the development and implementation of TELUS' Waste and Recycling and Construction Risk Management Program as well as assisting with our other environmental management programs where required.
• Manage TELUS’ Spills and Releases program including TELUS’ halocarbon standard, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHIMIS)
• Assist with the management of TELUS’ corporate waste management and recycling initiatives including e-waste and hazardous waste
• Assist with the development and implementation of TELUS’ construction risk management program
• Support of TELUS' Environmental Management System implementation
• Strong background in corporate environmental management issues
• Solid understanding of applicable federal and provincial environmental legislation is required
• Working knowledge of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard is a requirement
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and be able to represent the company to industry and regulatory environmental stakeholders
• Ability to demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to manage and make improvements to environmental programs
• A clear ability to work both in a team setting and in a self-directed manner is also essential
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• An undergraduate degree in environmental science, management or engineering is preferred however individuals with other qualifications and related work experience will also be considered. A current professional designation related to the environmental field (P.Eng, P.Geol, P.Ag., P.Biol etc.) would be considered an asset.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an environmental management role, preferably working directly with corporate environmental management programs
• Experience with large organizations/and or utilities would be considered an asset
Primary Location: CA-BC-Burnaby
Other Locations: CA-AB-Edmonton
Apr 25, 2012
May 25, 2012
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.