ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineer
Our Staff Benefit from:
• An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
• Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
• Employee mentoring program
• Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 8,000 people who operate from more than 180 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Golder Associates is looking for an Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineer with a specialization in Water Resources to join our growing team in the Abbotsford, British Columbia Office.
The successful candidate will be an experienced water resources practitioner with a solid background in client development and project management. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have an education and experience that includes water resources, hydrology and hydraulics. The incumbent will work with our water resource team on a broad range of surface water related engineering projects and studies.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and attributes:
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources, a graduate degree is preferred;
• 7-10 years of experience working in the field of water resource engineering (hydrology, hydraulics, sediment transport, hydrologic monitoring, channel design, hydraulic structures, statistical frequency analysis, numerical modeling);
• Strong communication skills (verbal and in technical writing) with the ability to clearly express thoughts and ideas;
• A proven track record of sound technical judgment;
• Strong personal skills with an ability to work both in a team environment and independently;
• Willingness to travel to project sites as required, and;
• Must be eligible to register with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply on-line at
in the Career/Canada section. No phone calls please, only those candidates whose background closely matches the opportunity will be contacted for an interview. Competition will close when a suitable candidate is found. Thank you for your interest in Golder Associates Ltd.
May 3, 2012
Jun 2, 2012
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.