ECO Canada - Environmental Careers Organization
Become an EP
EP Member Roster
Post a job
Free HR Resources
Green High Schools
ECO JOB BOARD
Return to search results
TAQA North Ltd.
TAQA was founded in 2005 with the objective of becoming a global leader in the energy sector. Today, we have a workforce of 2,800 drawn from 41 nationalities working in thirteen markets across the world, from India to Canada and Abu Dhabi to the United Kingdom.
Our business is spread across the global energy sector and we think of ourselves as a company that is fully integrated with operations from wellhead to wall socket. Today, we have interests in power generation, combined heat and water, desalination, upstream oil & gas, pipelines, services and structured finance.
We are 51% owned by Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) which is a government authority and which provides long-term stability for our company.
We are incorporated as a Public Joint Stock Company and are listed on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a combined asset base of more than AED116 billion (US$32 billion) and revenues in excess of AED21 billion (US$6 billion) annually.
Reporting to the Environment Team Supervisor, the Environmental Coordinator is responsible for managing data
quality and follow up in the siteview system tool. This junior role is responsible for the management and preparation
of environmental statistics on a regular basis. Working with operations and surface land to address outstanding
access or land owner issues to ensure that reclamation work can be completed efficiently. Managing the company’s
waste management program and our relationship with our waste management vendor including travelling to the field
to educated the company’s staff on proper waste management, how to handle natural occurring radioactive materials
(NORM’s) and how to maximize the value from our waste streams. Manage the company’s Abandonment and
Reclamation Obligation liability calculation process including conducting regular updates on our calculation process
and working with the accounting department on new liabilities.
As part of this challenging role you will specifically be responsible for:
• Environmental data quality control (Siteview)
• Training the company’s environmental consultants on how to properly maintain TAQA North’s environmental
• Providing the environmental coordinators with key activity and performance reports
• Providing key statistical analysis on the company’s environmental performance including spills etc…
• Working with the operations team to help better manage the company’s waste streams (training for staff, working
closely with vendors on ways to improve our waste management practices)
• Developing and maintaining the company’s NORM’s management program
• Responsible for maintaining the teams liability calculation process and tool
• University degree or Technical Diploma
• 0- 2 years of oil and gas experience working in an environmental capacity
• Siteview experience
• Experience working on reclamation, remediation and waste management
• Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets
• A willingness and ability to work both as an individual and in a team environment
• An ability to travel to all of TAQA North’s various assets
• A valid drivers licence
• Strong desire to learn
May 3, 2012
May 11, 2012
Print this job
Apply for this job
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.
Return to search results
WHO WE ARE
EP SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
POST A JOB
HR ASSESSMENT TOOL
Welcome to eco.ca. We are currently in BETA so if you experience any issues, please
let us know.