Canada, along with many nations across the globe, is calling for a more responsible and sustainable way towards economic growth. Our Manitoba environmental labour demand outlook for 2025 intends to shed light on where environmental jobs and talent exist today and where new opportunities lie ahead for the next few years.
Though the COVID-19 pandemic introduced additional challenges for environmental workers and their employers, the outlook provides insight into potential opportunities for growth and hiring within the environmental sector.
The report highlights the following.
- Environmental employment for Manitoba is estimated to grow by 9% over the year 2020
- About 1 in 29 workers in Manitoba (21,700 workers) was in a green job in 2020.
- Job growth and retirements will account for about 5,200 net environmental job openings by 2025.
- Manitoba has the 6th highest number of job openings for environmental workers in Canada.
- Opportunities will arise across most job functions with a higher proportion of environmental job openings in occupations such as civil engineers and water and waste treatment plant operators.
Download Manitoba Environmental Workforce Needs, Trends and Challenges to learn about the job market opportunities across all industries and occupations within Manitoba’s environmental sector.
This outlook report was made in collaboration with MEIA, ECO Canada developed research on Manitoba Envionrmental Labour Demand Outlook 2025.