At ECO Canada, we act as the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research, we champion the end-to-end career of all environmental professionals. We aim to promote and drive responsible, sustainable economic growth, while also ensuring that environmental best practices remain a priority.
ECO Canada’s Environmental Professionals designations: Recognizing Excellence and Inspiring Leadership
ECO Canada has been working towards advancing the careers of environmental professionals for over 30 years. In today’s competitive job market, having a recognized designation can set you apart from other candidates.
“Being an EPt has been wonderful for my career. I work with many people who have other designations (P.Bio, APEGA), and it’s very common to be designated where I live. There’s no reason someone shouldn’t be designated,” Stephanie B.. – EPt since 2020.
The EP® community at a glance
- +3,000 members across Canada in 2022
- +230 mentors for our new professionals
- +400 EPs® gathered in 15 meet-ups hosted across Canada in 2022
ECO Canada’s certified Environmental Professionals EP® are recognized across Canada and internationally as a mark of excellence in the environmental sector. They represent individuals who have demonstrated their commitment to continuous learning and professional development, as well as possessing specialized skills and a constant work ethics in their respective fields.
Designations that follow your career path
From young professionals to experienced environmental auditor to committed organizations, our designations provide an end-to-end career validation of your skills and your commitment to best practices.
“My EPt designation followed by the EP® designation allowed me to join the environmental professional’s family in Canada for the last 10 years. My network was expanded by attending events and webinars and the mentorship program.” Zhongzhi C. – EP® since 2016
Designations that carry multiple benefits
- Validation of Skills and Knowledge: a valuable tool when job searching or looking for career advancement opportunities.
- Professional Development: your commitment to ongoing learning.
- Access to a Professional Network: As an EP®, access to a network of environmental professionals across Canada including mentorship, networking, and career advancement.
- Exclusive Events and Resources: privileged access to exclusive events and resources such as webinars, job postings, and career development tools
Designation that shows your organization’s commitment
Enjoy instant authority and recognition as a Canadian environmental leader with our EP® Employer designation, which helps companies recruit and retain environmental professionals, access industry-leading training programs and elevate their presence in the environmental sector.
“I think the reason it didn’t take any convincing is just [ECO Canada’s] commitment to environment and integrity, which is rare,” says Robert, an EP Employer. “ECO Canada takes it to a different level for all intents and purposes.”
Join ECO Canada’ s community today and start your journey as an EP® : eco.ca/ep